Yesterday I listened to some of the speech of President Trump. I will say I became emotional before the president even got to the podium.
I listened to the First Lady as she introduced our president.
Let me first say that a few years ago I heard the president of another nation. I actually have a write up about it. I was amazed when he prayed FOR THE ENTIRE NATION and for forgiveness of his sin and also the sin of the nation and I was so moved by that. I remember asking people if they had seen it or heard about it. No, no-one had. It was only by the grace of God I had heard it over a radio station who briefly mentioned it and I could barely make it out. I had to go in search of it after arriving home that day and WOW was I amazed. I told everyone that it saddened me because I could never imagine that type of thing being done in the USA as we were way too politically correct. Plus President Obama spoke more positively about the Koran than he ever did about the bible and yet he claimed to be a Christian. So yesterday when I heard Malania open with a prayer right out of the KJV, yes I became emotional. I said to the Lord God….yes, thank You and even if she is simply saying it to win a few people over it doesn’t matter. God used all sorts of people, both saved and unsaved. I pray she is saved and we get to watch God as He moves and grows her and changes her just as He changed me and continues to do so daily.
So, I love that she read from that version. Why you ask? I used to be a NIV reader. Honestly it helped me a lot during that growing time in my own personal life but now, knowing some things missing I only use the KJV. Let’s compare the two.
After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13.- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
This, then, is how you should pray:
“ ‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
but deliver us from the evil one.b ’
So what is different? Look at verse 13 in each version. For me the NIV leaves off a very powerful few words. Do they matter? I believe that they do. This isn’t the only place that very significant words are left out.
So, I am thrilled to hear the right prayer spoken out by the First Lady. Don’t take your eyes off Jesus, our president won’t save America and he cannot save you. It is nice to hear this coming from our leaders. It gives the body of Christ freedom to go and share the gospel maybe a little easier.
- Do you like your legs?
- Maybe you say your hands have always looked young so that is your favorite.
- I have always been told I have perfect toes and therefore my feet are something I thought looked good in sandals.:-)
- Are you someone who always enjoyed a good session at the gym? Then maybe it is your biceps, great arms you like.
- My point here is in our day to day worldly lives we tend to think about our body parts or those of the opposite sex. “I am a leg man”, “oh, would you look at his strong arms”. As we drawer closer to the Lord God, we begin to understand the spiritual side of the parts of the body. God used some by their feet as they walk all over and share the gospel. Some by their hands and arms as they reach out to strangers and lend help in times of need to those hurting and it is done in the name of Jesus Christ, and bringing glory to the Father. Maybe you don’t feel you do anything significant and think I only go to work and home again. Yet maybe by an action of obedience to God those around you have seen Jesus even though you might have been unaware. I try to bring encouraging words to those around me. Sometimes they don’t want to hear a positive spin but as they have time to think about it they do appreciate it. We show compassion, we show grace, we show mercy. Most of all we are to show love. By showing all these things we are showing love. We can only show mercy and grace and compassion and love because our saviour Jesus Christ first loved us and had mercy on us and extends grace to us. Without His loving us first not one of us could begin to be a functioning part of the body of Christ. The man and woman who are leaving America to work in a part of the world to share Jesus Christ with those who have never heard of Him may seem to be the most important part of the body. Is it not obvious that without the encouraging words of those in our everyday workplaces, and without those who help by extending compassion to those in a homeless shelter or a battered woman’s shelter. Without those who stop to give money to the man or woman with a sign who in standing on the corner of a busy street or standing at the end of the parking lot at Wal-Mart with a sign. Without those who stop and take a minute to simply speak a kind word to an elderly man or woman eating alone in a restaurant or maybe surprising them by secretly picking up their tab. Maybe the person you took a minute to just speak a kind word to is a veteran from long ago and fought for our freedoms and just maybe they have no one now and just maybe you are the only one they might have the opportunity to interact with today.
- If you are still reading this then you and I can both see how vitally important every part of the body of Christ is. Just as our human bodies have different parts and some you never think about unless you hurt it and then you realize it plays a very important part. So your heart seems really important and it is, but if you break even a little toe or a little finger you begin to learn how important that little part of your own body is. That little toe that you never thought twice about. We take for granted all the parts of our bodies when we feel great! Those times when we feel great is only because all parts of the body are functioning well. I can’t help but think maybe when the bible speaks about how judgement will begin in the church, aka the body of Christ. Maybe the body of Christ needs a Dr. and Jesus is the great physician. Maybe some of the body is not working well and that is some of why we see so much anger in the world. I am certainly not saying that is totally why. We know because of what the word of God says that these things will and are going to come to pass. We also read that they will hate us but not because of us but because the world first hated Him. Because we love Him they will also hate us. Back to the body…We each play an important part regardless if you are a little toe or you are the heart. Let’s all use the gift we were given. You might only have one gift or maybe 10. If we are going to another nation or simply going to work everyday we each need to realize the importance that each one of us can play in the lives of those around us. WE ARE THE BODY!
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Each of us who has come to believe in Jesus is a member of the body of Christ. Jesus is the “head” of His own body, so for those who were hoping for that role – it is already taken. This passage says “each member belongs to all the others”. Today I would like to you consider, in a very personal way, what that means. As we read on we find mention of various gifts being offered in service to the body of Christ, a direction that implies responsibility for each and every one of us. God has masterfully gifted each one of us in compliment to bring the body of Christ to completeness. Did you get that? The gift(s) you are given, those revealed to you and empowered by the Holy Spirit, those gift(s) have great purpose. Use them, and give God the glory!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Today we have a story of a judge who is “unjust”. The end of this parable finds the corrupt judge granting justice to a widow who simply would not stop bothering him. She does not find justice in her situation because the judge’s heart turns around, but because of her persistence. The question on the table is: Do you believe that God will give you justice? This passage promises that God gives justice to “his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night”, and that he will do it quickly. Are you willing to believe that today and live in a way that reflects that you trust God completely with justice? When we are hurt or wronged, and wish to seek retribution – we either take matters into our own hands, or we release matters into God’s. Let Him take the lead on justice, and allow Him to work forgiveness in your heart.
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
“The Day Is Approaching! The Day Is At Hand! Jesus Is At The Door! Are You Ready!?”
Wake up America!
Something to ponder on.
- First,in verse 1 we are to give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good. (Ask yourself, who do you say He is? Try to begin to write down all of the mercies or perhaps only some of the mercies He has extended to you. Then, again after you have done that, ask again: who do you say that He is?)
- Next we read ‘Let the REDEEMED of the Lord say so’. Now ask yourself this question. Who do you say the redeemed are? Why do you believe what you have just written down about who the redeemed are?
- Lastly, are you one of the redeemed?
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good:
For his mercy endureth for ever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
Whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
Thank you Pastor JD. ..the included photos of your family and their stories from their own words and were very moving. Thank you again.
The High Priestly Prayer
Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
Joh 17:7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
Joh 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Joh 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Joh 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
Joh 17:25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
Thank you Pastor JD!
“Amir: A Call For An Urgent Prayer!
By Behold Israel Blog, Jan 15, 2017
We are about to enter into a very crucial week in world’s history! On Sunday leaders from more than 70 countries will meet in Paris to basically declare that Jerusalem’s old city doesn’t belong to Israel.
Then on Tuesday that declaration will be pushed as a resolution at the UN Security Council and the way the American ambassador to the UN will vote is still unclear. All of that before the Friday inauguration of a new president in America who publicly opposed all these actions but can’t do a thing to stop them.
Zechariah 12 and Psalm 2 are coming to my mind. And of course all is much clearer in light of Joel 3.
Please pray! Please Share!
“Therefore thus says YHVH God, ‘Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom, who appropriated My land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and with scorn of soul’” (Ezekiel 36:5)
Get ready bride!
No matter how alone.
No matter how sad.
No matter how hungry.
No matter how scared.
The Lord God Almighty is always there so never fall for the lies of the one who is only here to steal, kill and to destroy you. God will rescue you into His arms after your test is over. NEVER give up. Never give in. THANK YOU JESUS!
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
If you have ever doubted that the Lord delights in you, read these verses carefully and meditate upon the breathtaking love of God. As a loving Father, His thoughts are on us so much more than I think we credit to Him. I am often too quick to speak with God as if I’m taking time away from His already busy schedule. I treat Him as if He was doing something else before I started praying. The truth, as always, shatters the lie into pieces. When we begin to pray, His full attention has already been on us, because God’s attention can be fully on everything and everyone at once. The magnitude of who He is and what He is capable of so often escapes us, and we make the mistake of living according to that false view of Him. Infused with the truth of God’s love, live free in Christ Jesus!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.