Even so come…Lord Jesus come!
We all want to be a winner! We all want to be the one to catch the ball!
- Are you prepared?
- Are you dressed for the game?
- Do you know all the rules?
- Do you have a good coach?
- Is your team ready? Practiced up?
Are you and all your team-mates too busy playing around or squabbling over little things to be paying attention to what you should be? Are you going to find yourself wondering what just happened AND it is only because you have been horsing around instead of WATCHING and LISTENING?
Are you too busy worrying about YOURSELF? Too busy taking selfies to post on your favorite social media site so that everyone knows how GREAT YOU LOOK or so that everyone knows where you are and what you are doing, after all it IS all about YOU right?
These little ones are setting a pretty good example! They are dressed! They are watching! Sun might be in their eyes but they are doing their best!
Our coaches, or our world leaders, or whoever it might be are figuring it all out for us. RIGHT? I mean we have nothing to worry about because our coaches will tell us when we need to worry or watch or be concerned. Our news on TV will certainly be telling us the truth. NO WORRIES! CARRY ON…TAKE YOUR SELFIES….NO NEED TO KNOW THE RULES TO THE GAME…NO NEED! Our leaders will tell you WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU NEED TO KNOW IT!
So, you may be asking….WHAT IS YOUR POINT TODAY LADY? I am not following…..
First point is that in case you have not noticed things are getting crazier by the day! In the past we may have heard the beats of the war drums. We may have found ourselves a little nervous or anxious at times.
This morning I found myself thinking about the saying we all have heard. “When they are trying to make you watch this ‘big silly thing over here’, then you might want to look a different direction because there is probably something else you need to be paying attention to. They might be trying to distract you from what your concerns really should be over.
This morning I was trying to see if anyone got blown up during the night while I slept. Did anything change on the world stage? Lately every hour something new is happening! I mean, it is hard to even know which direction to watch. Who wants to wipe us off the planet? I began to think about baseball. I started thinking if you are in the outfield and you are not paying attention or not looking in the right direction when that ball is headed for you then you WILL NOT BE PREPARED! We have something possible from many directions. Is the ball going to be thrown at us by the Russians? By the Iranians? By the Chinese? By North Korea? Then we must ask…who is even on who’s team? We have watched alliances form between Russia and Turkey. Russia and China. Russia and Iran. Russia and Syria. Russia and Israel. There are many more but these seem to be the ones coming to my mind at the moment. I really did not expect those to be the ones I thought of. Since they did I have to say how interesting it is that Russia is a common denominator between the few I listed.
So, WHAT direction do we look? Do we watch for the Russians? Do we watch Syria? Do we watch Iran? Do we watch China? Do we watch N. Korea? How about all the evil ones sitting in Afghanistan?
May I suggest that if you or myself or anyone else is asking this question then it is time to get out the rule book and figure it out and quick!
Yes, the Holy Bible is our only truth! Our only rulebook! This book of the word of God is really all we need.
Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
First, this verse tells us to FEAR NOT. Actually the phrase “fear not” pulled up 62 times in the KJV both old and new testament.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
What things? When do we stop looking at everything coming at us and LOOK UP?
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Is it just me or has everything gone haywire in the last few years? So, we need to not listen to what the news tells us or what the leaders say or what the scientists say. They all have an excuse for this or that. Keep your eyes on the only ONE that matters! Keep looking up! Don’t let wars and rumors of wars cause you distress. The world is freaking out. Nature is freaking out. The seas are freaking out. It is enough to cause everyone to come unhinged. We must repent and cry out to God! Repent! Admit we are sinners and in GREAT NEED for our Savior Jesus Christ! Believe it as a child! Accept His free gift! Ask Him to begin to change you, clean you up, wash you up. Give you new desires in your heart, desires that line up with His desires for us. Ask Him to help us to love Him more and more every single day! Seek Him with our whole being!
Jesus Christ is coming for His bride. I do not know the day nor the hour. I do know we are in the season. The question should be….”Will we be ready?”
The Lesson of the Fig Tree
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Isaiah 61 :1-2
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me;
Because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
The 2nd verse was cut in hslf. The remaining has not come to pass yet.
2nd half of the 2nd verse.
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all that mourn;
And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
What am I talking about?
NO WORRIES…I WILL BE DEAD.
Not so fast….that was my first thought. ETA is fully in force by 2030. Wow…that is way out there. WRONG AGAIN…It is 13 years….DID YOU READ THAT? THIRTEEN YEARS! So, while I cannot fully wrap my mind around it yet, it might be wise if we take a deep breath and review this a little at a time. First we will begin with what Wikipedia says….
So what does all this mean? Probably way more than I can even imagine. I will attach one video from Rick Wiles. He just has his out there now but I first heard John Haller mention it this morning. I went out and began looking and figured listening to Rick would be cutting to the chase so I am not weeding through all of the video’s out there made by these folks. (While the year 2030 is thrown out there I also keep thinking about how the UN continues to have their next agenda being due in 2030. Go figure. Coincidence right? I personally do not believe in that.)
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
- Do you like your legs?
- Maybe you say your hands have always looked young so that is your favorite.
- I have always been told I have perfect toes and therefore my feet are something I thought looked good in sandals.:-)
- Are you someone who always enjoyed a good session at the gym? Then maybe it is your biceps, great arms you like.
- My point here is in our day to day worldly lives we tend to think about our body parts or those of the opposite sex. “I am a leg man”, “oh, would you look at his strong arms”. As we drawer closer to the Lord God, we begin to understand the spiritual side of the parts of the body. God used some by their feet as they walk all over and share the gospel. Some by their hands and arms as they reach out to strangers and lend help in times of need to those hurting and it is done in the name of Jesus Christ, and bringing glory to the Father. Maybe you don’t feel you do anything significant and think I only go to work and home again. Yet maybe by an action of obedience to God those around you have seen Jesus even though you might have been unaware. I try to bring encouraging words to those around me. Sometimes they don’t want to hear a positive spin but as they have time to think about it they do appreciate it. We show compassion, we show grace, we show mercy. Most of all we are to show love. By showing all these things we are showing love. We can only show mercy and grace and compassion and love because our saviour Jesus Christ first loved us and had mercy on us and extends grace to us. Without His loving us first not one of us could begin to be a functioning part of the body of Christ. The man and woman who are leaving America to work in a part of the world to share Jesus Christ with those who have never heard of Him may seem to be the most important part of the body. Is it not obvious that without the encouraging words of those in our everyday workplaces, and without those who help by extending compassion to those in a homeless shelter or a battered woman’s shelter. Without those who stop to give money to the man or woman with a sign who in standing on the corner of a busy street or standing at the end of the parking lot at Wal-Mart with a sign. Without those who stop and take a minute to simply speak a kind word to an elderly man or woman eating alone in a restaurant or maybe surprising them by secretly picking up their tab. Maybe the person you took a minute to just speak a kind word to is a veteran from long ago and fought for our freedoms and just maybe they have no one now and just maybe you are the only one they might have the opportunity to interact with today.
- If you are still reading this then you and I can both see how vitally important every part of the body of Christ is. Just as our human bodies have different parts and some you never think about unless you hurt it and then you realize it plays a very important part. So your heart seems really important and it is, but if you break even a little toe or a little finger you begin to learn how important that little part of your own body is. That little toe that you never thought twice about. We take for granted all the parts of our bodies when we feel great! Those times when we feel great is only because all parts of the body are functioning well. I can’t help but think maybe when the bible speaks about how judgement will begin in the church, aka the body of Christ. Maybe the body of Christ needs a Dr. and Jesus is the great physician. Maybe some of the body is not working well and that is some of why we see so much anger in the world. I am certainly not saying that is totally why. We know because of what the word of God says that these things will and are going to come to pass. We also read that they will hate us but not because of us but because the world first hated Him. Because we love Him they will also hate us. Back to the body…We each play an important part regardless if you are a little toe or you are the heart. Let’s all use the gift we were given. You might only have one gift or maybe 10. If we are going to another nation or simply going to work everyday we each need to realize the importance that each one of us can play in the lives of those around us. WE ARE THE BODY!
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Each of us who has come to believe in Jesus is a member of the body of Christ. Jesus is the “head” of His own body, so for those who were hoping for that role – it is already taken. This passage says “each member belongs to all the others”. Today I would like to you consider, in a very personal way, what that means. As we read on we find mention of various gifts being offered in service to the body of Christ, a direction that implies responsibility for each and every one of us. God has masterfully gifted each one of us in compliment to bring the body of Christ to completeness. Did you get that? The gift(s) you are given, those revealed to you and empowered by the Holy Spirit, those gift(s) have great purpose. Use them, and give God the glory!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
Wake up America!
Thank you Pastor JD. ..the included photos of your family and their stories from their own words and were very moving. Thank you again.
Thank you Pastor JD!
I’m reading Jonah 2:9 https://ref.ly/Jon2.9 via @Logos
I’m reading John 10:27 https://ref.ly/Jn10.27 via @Logos
And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven, And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments: Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father’s house have sinned. We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the judgments, which thou commandedst thy servant Moses.
Nehemiah has heard of the ruin of Jerusalem since being exiled, and that information has a very real impact on all levels for him. He responds to this by crying, mourning, fasting, and praying before the Lord. Through this process, Nehemiah confesses the sins of Israel on both a corporate level and a personal one. Confession of sins is vital for an authentic relationship with God. When we recognize that we have sinned, we must realize that the right thing to do is confess that wrongdoing before the Lord and ask/receive forgiveness. Nehemiah does this through prayer and fasting and the Lord grants him favor to be able to rebuild Jerusalem.
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.