The scriptures are clear. How easily we can kid or should I say lie to ourselves not to mention others. Scripture tells us that our very own hearts deceive us. We cannot be trusted even to ourselves. Put your trust in the only one that has the power to save you. Jesus Christ is His name! So EASY for us (I have been guilty too), for us to throw stones at Kathy. I mean she makes it so easy. She needs Jesus Christ, she needs to repent and we do too. We should all be praying for ourselves AND for Kathy Griffin. Instead of stoning her. Yes, she needs to be called out for her actions and that’s been done. Now let’s all pray for her and pray she comes out of the darkness and sees herself for what she has become. Pray she stops making excuses to others but is first honest with herself. Right now she is being deceived by her very own heart as most of us from one degree or another. It is a heart issue.
Proverbs 16:9 (flesh leads us our way but the Spirit of God leads us to life)
A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.
Jeremiah 17:9-10 (we are easily deceived unless we stay in the word of God to be able to know and discern the truth even in our hearts)
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked :who can know it?
I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Deuteronomy 30:6 (tells us the why)
And the LORD thy God will circumcise (means to cut away all the wickedness ) thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
Matthew 22:37-38 (backs up old testament law)
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38- This is the first and great commandment.
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Today we see again that God is writing the “requirements of the law” on the hearts of people. This is the Holy Spirit of God transcribing on our hearts how we ought to live – by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. A day is coming when God will judge people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, and there will be absolutely no excuses on that day. We will not be able to say, “but Jesus, I…” and talk our way out of what is already plainly known. None of us are without conscience, which according to this verse bears witness impacting judgment. The Holy Spirit is not going to lead us down a path that lives a life “secret” from God (as if that is even possible). The power of God is at work showing your life for what it is, and we have choices of how we will respond to those revelations. Will we choose the light, or will we choose the shadows?
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’
Is this the time? Talk about keeping you on the edge of your seat!
I am perplexed. If they do this it seems crazy, they just had 50 year celebration of taking Jerusalem, of winning the 6 day war.
Maybe or maybe not but we better make sure our hearts and minds are before the Lord and don’t get caught up in the drama our news sources in America are reporting on. All you will hear is distractions from things that might be happening under our noses.
Amazing times, scary times. Keep looking up!
Powerful! This gave me a renewed passion to pray for those I love so dearly that are lost. God works in amazing ways!
Check your mailbox!
And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee. And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
When he was called to be a prophet, Ezekiel has a vision of the “likeness of the glory of the Lord”. This completely drains his strength and he falls facedown. Then the Lord speaks to Him this verse, and as it is being spoken, Ezekiel is provided the strength to stand and hear the word of the Lord. In Christ we are granted the Holy Spirit, and rest assured that there is real power and strength that comes with His residence within us. He is able to strengthen, to counsel, to teach and to convict us. With the Spirit of God living in us, we are able to be ambassadors for Christ, messengers of the gospel, bearers of the living water that is found only in Jesus.
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
Even so come…Lord Jesus come!
- Do you like your legs?
- Maybe you say your hands have always looked young so that is your favorite.
- I have always been told I have perfect toes and therefore my feet are something I thought looked good in sandals.:-)
- Are you someone who always enjoyed a good session at the gym? Then maybe it is your biceps, great arms you like.
- My point here is in our day to day worldly lives we tend to think about our body parts or those of the opposite sex. “I am a leg man”, “oh, would you look at his strong arms”. As we drawer closer to the Lord God, we begin to understand the spiritual side of the parts of the body. God used some by their feet as they walk all over and share the gospel. Some by their hands and arms as they reach out to strangers and lend help in times of need to those hurting and it is done in the name of Jesus Christ, and bringing glory to the Father. Maybe you don’t feel you do anything significant and think I only go to work and home again. Yet maybe by an action of obedience to God those around you have seen Jesus even though you might have been unaware. I try to bring encouraging words to those around me. Sometimes they don’t want to hear a positive spin but as they have time to think about it they do appreciate it. We show compassion, we show grace, we show mercy. Most of all we are to show love. By showing all these things we are showing love. We can only show mercy and grace and compassion and love because our saviour Jesus Christ first loved us and had mercy on us and extends grace to us. Without His loving us first not one of us could begin to be a functioning part of the body of Christ. The man and woman who are leaving America to work in a part of the world to share Jesus Christ with those who have never heard of Him may seem to be the most important part of the body. Is it not obvious that without the encouraging words of those in our everyday workplaces, and without those who help by extending compassion to those in a homeless shelter or a battered woman’s shelter. Without those who stop to give money to the man or woman with a sign who in standing on the corner of a busy street or standing at the end of the parking lot at Wal-Mart with a sign. Without those who stop and take a minute to simply speak a kind word to an elderly man or woman eating alone in a restaurant or maybe surprising them by secretly picking up their tab. Maybe the person you took a minute to just speak a kind word to is a veteran from long ago and fought for our freedoms and just maybe they have no one now and just maybe you are the only one they might have the opportunity to interact with today.
- If you are still reading this then you and I can both see how vitally important every part of the body of Christ is. Just as our human bodies have different parts and some you never think about unless you hurt it and then you realize it plays a very important part. So your heart seems really important and it is, but if you break even a little toe or a little finger you begin to learn how important that little part of your own body is. That little toe that you never thought twice about. We take for granted all the parts of our bodies when we feel great! Those times when we feel great is only because all parts of the body are functioning well. I can’t help but think maybe when the bible speaks about how judgement will begin in the church, aka the body of Christ. Maybe the body of Christ needs a Dr. and Jesus is the great physician. Maybe some of the body is not working well and that is some of why we see so much anger in the world. I am certainly not saying that is totally why. We know because of what the word of God says that these things will and are going to come to pass. We also read that they will hate us but not because of us but because the world first hated Him. Because we love Him they will also hate us. Back to the body…We each play an important part regardless if you are a little toe or you are the heart. Let’s all use the gift we were given. You might only have one gift or maybe 10. If we are going to another nation or simply going to work everyday we each need to realize the importance that each one of us can play in the lives of those around us. WE ARE THE BODY!
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Each of us who has come to believe in Jesus is a member of the body of Christ. Jesus is the “head” of His own body, so for those who were hoping for that role – it is already taken. This passage says “each member belongs to all the others”. Today I would like to you consider, in a very personal way, what that means. As we read on we find mention of various gifts being offered in service to the body of Christ, a direction that implies responsibility for each and every one of us. God has masterfully gifted each one of us in compliment to bring the body of Christ to completeness. Did you get that? The gift(s) you are given, those revealed to you and empowered by the Holy Spirit, those gift(s) have great purpose. Use them, and give God the glory!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.