Even so come…Lord Jesus come!
We all want to be a winner! We all want to be the one to catch the ball!
- Are you prepared?
- Are you dressed for the game?
- Do you know all the rules?
- Do you have a good coach?
- Is your team ready? Practiced up?
Are you and all your team-mates too busy playing around or squabbling over little things to be paying attention to what you should be? Are you going to find yourself wondering what just happened AND it is only because you have been horsing around instead of WATCHING and LISTENING?
Are you too busy worrying about YOURSELF? Too busy taking selfies to post on your favorite social media site so that everyone knows how GREAT YOU LOOK or so that everyone knows where you are and what you are doing, after all it IS all about YOU right?
These little ones are setting a pretty good example! They are dressed! They are watching! Sun might be in their eyes but they are doing their best!
Our coaches, or our world leaders, or whoever it might be are figuring it all out for us. RIGHT? I mean we have nothing to worry about because our coaches will tell us when we need to worry or watch or be concerned. Our news on TV will certainly be telling us the truth. NO WORRIES! CARRY ON…TAKE YOUR SELFIES….NO NEED TO KNOW THE RULES TO THE GAME…NO NEED! Our leaders will tell you WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU NEED TO KNOW IT!
So, you may be asking….WHAT IS YOUR POINT TODAY LADY? I am not following…..
First point is that in case you have not noticed things are getting crazier by the day! In the past we may have heard the beats of the war drums. We may have found ourselves a little nervous or anxious at times.
This morning I found myself thinking about the saying we all have heard. “When they are trying to make you watch this ‘big silly thing over here’, then you might want to look a different direction because there is probably something else you need to be paying attention to. They might be trying to distract you from what your concerns really should be over.
This morning I was trying to see if anyone got blown up during the night while I slept. Did anything change on the world stage? Lately every hour something new is happening! I mean, it is hard to even know which direction to watch. Who wants to wipe us off the planet? I began to think about baseball. I started thinking if you are in the outfield and you are not paying attention or not looking in the right direction when that ball is headed for you then you WILL NOT BE PREPARED! We have something possible from many directions. Is the ball going to be thrown at us by the Russians? By the Iranians? By the Chinese? By North Korea? Then we must ask…who is even on who’s team? We have watched alliances form between Russia and Turkey. Russia and China. Russia and Iran. Russia and Syria. Russia and Israel. There are many more but these seem to be the ones coming to my mind at the moment. I really did not expect those to be the ones I thought of. Since they did I have to say how interesting it is that Russia is a common denominator between the few I listed.
So, WHAT direction do we look? Do we watch for the Russians? Do we watch Syria? Do we watch Iran? Do we watch China? Do we watch N. Korea? How about all the evil ones sitting in Afghanistan?
May I suggest that if you or myself or anyone else is asking this question then it is time to get out the rule book and figure it out and quick!
Yes, the Holy Bible is our only truth! Our only rulebook! This book of the word of God is really all we need.
Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
First, this verse tells us to FEAR NOT. Actually the phrase “fear not” pulled up 62 times in the KJV both old and new testament.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
What things? When do we stop looking at everything coming at us and LOOK UP?
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Is it just me or has everything gone haywire in the last few years? So, we need to not listen to what the news tells us or what the leaders say or what the scientists say. They all have an excuse for this or that. Keep your eyes on the only ONE that matters! Keep looking up! Don’t let wars and rumors of wars cause you distress. The world is freaking out. Nature is freaking out. The seas are freaking out. It is enough to cause everyone to come unhinged. We must repent and cry out to God! Repent! Admit we are sinners and in GREAT NEED for our Savior Jesus Christ! Believe it as a child! Accept His free gift! Ask Him to begin to change you, clean you up, wash you up. Give you new desires in your heart, desires that line up with His desires for us. Ask Him to help us to love Him more and more every single day! Seek Him with our whole being!
Jesus Christ is coming for His bride. I do not know the day nor the hour. I do know we are in the season. The question should be….”Will we be ready?”
The Lesson of the Fig Tree
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Create in Me a Clean Heart, O Go
Psa 51:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving-kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Psa 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psa 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Psa 51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psa 51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psa 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psa 51:18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Psa 51:19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
Are you waiting on the right time?
Do you need to get things right first?
Do you need to stop the sin first?
How about starting the conversation with our Savior first. Get to know Him. Talk to Him. Read His word and keep asking Him for His help. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. He loves you already. He knows you now. Come to Him just as you are and have faith that He will do just as He said He would.
Because He Lives
God sent his son, they called him Jesus,
He came to love, heal and forgive.
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my savior lives.
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because i know he holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives
How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives,
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain day because he lives.
And then one day I’ll cross the river,
I’ll fight life’s final war with pain.
And then, as death gives way to vict’ry,
I’ll see the lights of glory and I’ll know he reigns.
Why Me Lord
Why me Lord, what have I ever done
To deserve even one
Of the pleasures I’ve known
Tell me Lord, what did I ever do
That was worth loving you
Or the kindness you’ve shown.
Lord help me Jesus, I’ve wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
Now that I know that I’ve need you so
Help me Jesus, my soul’s in your hand.
Tell me Lord, if you think there’s a way
I can try to repay
All I’ve taken from you
Maybe Lord, I can show someone else
What I’ve been through myself
On my way back to you.
Lord help me Jesus, I’ve wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
Now that I know that I’ve need you so
Help me Jesus, my soul’s in your hand.
Yesterday I listened to some of the speech of President Trump. I will say I became emotional before the president even got to the podium.
I listened to the First Lady as she introduced our president.
Let me first say that a few years ago I heard the president of another nation. I actually have a write up about it. I was amazed when he prayed FOR THE ENTIRE NATION and for forgiveness of his sin and also the sin of the nation and I was so moved by that. I remember asking people if they had seen it or heard about it. No, no-one had. It was only by the grace of God I had heard it over a radio station who briefly mentioned it and I could barely make it out. I had to go in search of it after arriving home that day and WOW was I amazed. I told everyone that it saddened me because I could never imagine that type of thing being done in the USA as we were way too politically correct. Plus President Obama spoke more positively about the Koran than he ever did about the bible and yet he claimed to be a Christian. So yesterday when I heard Malania open with a prayer right out of the KJV, yes I became emotional. I said to the Lord God….yes, thank You and even if she is simply saying it to win a few people over it doesn’t matter. God used all sorts of people, both saved and unsaved. I pray she is saved and we get to watch God as He moves and grows her and changes her just as He changed me and continues to do so daily.
So, I love that she read from that version. Why you ask? I used to be a NIV reader. Honestly it helped me a lot during that growing time in my own personal life but now, knowing some things missing I only use the KJV. Let’s compare the two.
After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13.- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
This, then, is how you should pray:
“ ‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
but deliver us from the evil one.b ’
So what is different? Look at verse 13 in each version. For me the NIV leaves off a very powerful few words. Do they matter? I believe that they do. This isn’t the only place that very significant words are left out.
So, I am thrilled to hear the right prayer spoken out by the First Lady. Don’t take your eyes off Jesus, our president won’t save America and he cannot save you. It is nice to hear this coming from our leaders. It gives the body of Christ freedom to go and share the gospel maybe a little easier.
- Do you like your legs?
- Maybe you say your hands have always looked young so that is your favorite.
- I have always been told I have perfect toes and therefore my feet are something I thought looked good in sandals.:-)
- Are you someone who always enjoyed a good session at the gym? Then maybe it is your biceps, great arms you like.
- My point here is in our day to day worldly lives we tend to think about our body parts or those of the opposite sex. “I am a leg man”, “oh, would you look at his strong arms”. As we drawer closer to the Lord God, we begin to understand the spiritual side of the parts of the body. God used some by their feet as they walk all over and share the gospel. Some by their hands and arms as they reach out to strangers and lend help in times of need to those hurting and it is done in the name of Jesus Christ, and bringing glory to the Father. Maybe you don’t feel you do anything significant and think I only go to work and home again. Yet maybe by an action of obedience to God those around you have seen Jesus even though you might have been unaware. I try to bring encouraging words to those around me. Sometimes they don’t want to hear a positive spin but as they have time to think about it they do appreciate it. We show compassion, we show grace, we show mercy. Most of all we are to show love. By showing all these things we are showing love. We can only show mercy and grace and compassion and love because our saviour Jesus Christ first loved us and had mercy on us and extends grace to us. Without His loving us first not one of us could begin to be a functioning part of the body of Christ. The man and woman who are leaving America to work in a part of the world to share Jesus Christ with those who have never heard of Him may seem to be the most important part of the body. Is it not obvious that without the encouraging words of those in our everyday workplaces, and without those who help by extending compassion to those in a homeless shelter or a battered woman’s shelter. Without those who stop to give money to the man or woman with a sign who in standing on the corner of a busy street or standing at the end of the parking lot at Wal-Mart with a sign. Without those who stop and take a minute to simply speak a kind word to an elderly man or woman eating alone in a restaurant or maybe surprising them by secretly picking up their tab. Maybe the person you took a minute to just speak a kind word to is a veteran from long ago and fought for our freedoms and just maybe they have no one now and just maybe you are the only one they might have the opportunity to interact with today.
- If you are still reading this then you and I can both see how vitally important every part of the body of Christ is. Just as our human bodies have different parts and some you never think about unless you hurt it and then you realize it plays a very important part. So your heart seems really important and it is, but if you break even a little toe or a little finger you begin to learn how important that little part of your own body is. That little toe that you never thought twice about. We take for granted all the parts of our bodies when we feel great! Those times when we feel great is only because all parts of the body are functioning well. I can’t help but think maybe when the bible speaks about how judgement will begin in the church, aka the body of Christ. Maybe the body of Christ needs a Dr. and Jesus is the great physician. Maybe some of the body is not working well and that is some of why we see so much anger in the world. I am certainly not saying that is totally why. We know because of what the word of God says that these things will and are going to come to pass. We also read that they will hate us but not because of us but because the world first hated Him. Because we love Him they will also hate us. Back to the body…We each play an important part regardless if you are a little toe or you are the heart. Let’s all use the gift we were given. You might only have one gift or maybe 10. If we are going to another nation or simply going to work everyday we each need to realize the importance that each one of us can play in the lives of those around us. WE ARE THE BODY!
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Each of us who has come to believe in Jesus is a member of the body of Christ. Jesus is the “head” of His own body, so for those who were hoping for that role – it is already taken. This passage says “each member belongs to all the others”. Today I would like to you consider, in a very personal way, what that means. As we read on we find mention of various gifts being offered in service to the body of Christ, a direction that implies responsibility for each and every one of us. God has masterfully gifted each one of us in compliment to bring the body of Christ to completeness. Did you get that? The gift(s) you are given, those revealed to you and empowered by the Holy Spirit, those gift(s) have great purpose. Use them, and give God the glory!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
Thank you Pastor JD!
“Amir: A Call For An Urgent Prayer!
By Behold Israel Blog, Jan 15, 2017
We are about to enter into a very crucial week in world’s history! On Sunday leaders from more than 70 countries will meet in Paris to basically declare that Jerusalem’s old city doesn’t belong to Israel.
Then on Tuesday that declaration will be pushed as a resolution at the UN Security Council and the way the American ambassador to the UN will vote is still unclear. All of that before the Friday inauguration of a new president in America who publicly opposed all these actions but can’t do a thing to stop them.
Zechariah 12 and Psalm 2 are coming to my mind. And of course all is much clearer in light of Joel 3.
Please pray! Please Share!
“Therefore thus says YHVH God, ‘Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom, who appropriated My land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and with scorn of soul’” (Ezekiel 36:5)
Get ready bride!
I find it interesting that today, or Sunday the 15th as the 70 to 72 nations are meeting against Israel and that sadly includes the United States of America. If you look up the daily reading of the Jewish people you will find that they include Psalm 83. They also include Exodus 1:1-17. Pray for the protection of Israel and pray that many might be saved.
Psalm 83 – Holy Bible (KJV)
Is it all hype?
Is there any truth to it?
Is there any problem with trying to create peace?
Can we believe the word of God?
Should we believe God when He said those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who curse Israel will be cursed? (That was a paraphrase but you can look it up to find God’s words exactly.)
Remember, there will NEVER be peace, not true peace until the Lord God Almighty returns and puts a stop to the evil in all the world.