Is this the time? Talk about keeping you on the edge of your seat!
I am perplexed. If they do this it seems crazy, they just had 50 year celebration of taking Jerusalem, of winning the 6 day war.
Maybe or maybe not but we better make sure our hearts and minds are before the Lord and don’t get caught up in the drama our news sources in America are reporting on. All you will hear is distractions from things that might be happening under our noses.
Amazing times, scary times. Keep looking up!
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings
The Lord looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.
COMMENTARY —-Knowing our own hearts isn’t really our strong suit, though we often think that it is. In fact, there are those who take pride in the fact that they know themselves well, some even reject counsel because they conclude that others cannot possibly know them well enough to give sound advice. Apart from God, we cannot possibly know our own hearts well enough to make choices that reflect our faith. Part of the process is learning how to accept that He knows better, will always know better, and to trust Him completely. If we are willing to face that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, our challenge becomes surrender. We are met with forgiveness, and empowered by grace to see our world differently, and cast aside the idols of our heart. Life cannot be more than when Jesus, the Master, is at the helm.
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
- Do you like your legs?
- Maybe you say your hands have always looked young so that is your favorite.
- I have always been told I have perfect toes and therefore my feet are something I thought looked good in sandals.:-)
- Are you someone who always enjoyed a good session at the gym? Then maybe it is your biceps, great arms you like.
- My point here is in our day to day worldly lives we tend to think about our body parts or those of the opposite sex. “I am a leg man”, “oh, would you look at his strong arms”. As we drawer closer to the Lord God, we begin to understand the spiritual side of the parts of the body. God used some by their feet as they walk all over and share the gospel. Some by their hands and arms as they reach out to strangers and lend help in times of need to those hurting and it is done in the name of Jesus Christ, and bringing glory to the Father. Maybe you don’t feel you do anything significant and think I only go to work and home again. Yet maybe by an action of obedience to God those around you have seen Jesus even though you might have been unaware. I try to bring encouraging words to those around me. Sometimes they don’t want to hear a positive spin but as they have time to think about it they do appreciate it. We show compassion, we show grace, we show mercy. Most of all we are to show love. By showing all these things we are showing love. We can only show mercy and grace and compassion and love because our saviour Jesus Christ first loved us and had mercy on us and extends grace to us. Without His loving us first not one of us could begin to be a functioning part of the body of Christ. The man and woman who are leaving America to work in a part of the world to share Jesus Christ with those who have never heard of Him may seem to be the most important part of the body. Is it not obvious that without the encouraging words of those in our everyday workplaces, and without those who help by extending compassion to those in a homeless shelter or a battered woman’s shelter. Without those who stop to give money to the man or woman with a sign who in standing on the corner of a busy street or standing at the end of the parking lot at Wal-Mart with a sign. Without those who stop and take a minute to simply speak a kind word to an elderly man or woman eating alone in a restaurant or maybe surprising them by secretly picking up their tab. Maybe the person you took a minute to just speak a kind word to is a veteran from long ago and fought for our freedoms and just maybe they have no one now and just maybe you are the only one they might have the opportunity to interact with today.
- If you are still reading this then you and I can both see how vitally important every part of the body of Christ is. Just as our human bodies have different parts and some you never think about unless you hurt it and then you realize it plays a very important part. So your heart seems really important and it is, but if you break even a little toe or a little finger you begin to learn how important that little part of your own body is. That little toe that you never thought twice about. We take for granted all the parts of our bodies when we feel great! Those times when we feel great is only because all parts of the body are functioning well. I can’t help but think maybe when the bible speaks about how judgement will begin in the church, aka the body of Christ. Maybe the body of Christ needs a Dr. and Jesus is the great physician. Maybe some of the body is not working well and that is some of why we see so much anger in the world. I am certainly not saying that is totally why. We know because of what the word of God says that these things will and are going to come to pass. We also read that they will hate us but not because of us but because the world first hated Him. Because we love Him they will also hate us. Back to the body…We each play an important part regardless if you are a little toe or you are the heart. Let’s all use the gift we were given. You might only have one gift or maybe 10. If we are going to another nation or simply going to work everyday we each need to realize the importance that each one of us can play in the lives of those around us. WE ARE THE BODY!
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Each of us who has come to believe in Jesus is a member of the body of Christ. Jesus is the “head” of His own body, so for those who were hoping for that role – it is already taken. This passage says “each member belongs to all the others”. Today I would like to you consider, in a very personal way, what that means. As we read on we find mention of various gifts being offered in service to the body of Christ, a direction that implies responsibility for each and every one of us. God has masterfully gifted each one of us in compliment to bring the body of Christ to completeness. Did you get that? The gift(s) you are given, those revealed to you and empowered by the Holy Spirit, those gift(s) have great purpose. Use them, and give God the glory!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Today we have a story of a judge who is “unjust”. The end of this parable finds the corrupt judge granting justice to a widow who simply would not stop bothering him. She does not find justice in her situation because the judge’s heart turns around, but because of her persistence. The question on the table is: Do you believe that God will give you justice? This passage promises that God gives justice to “his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night”, and that he will do it quickly. Are you willing to believe that today and live in a way that reflects that you trust God completely with justice? When we are hurt or wronged, and wish to seek retribution – we either take matters into our own hands, or we release matters into God’s. Let Him take the lead on justice, and allow Him to work forgiveness in your heart.
Verse/Commentary courtesy of ‘Verse-A-Day’ android app.
Thank you Pastor JD. ..the included photos of your family and their stories from their own words and were very moving. Thank you again.
“Amir: A Call For An Urgent Prayer!
By Behold Israel Blog, Jan 15, 2017
We are about to enter into a very crucial week in world’s history! On Sunday leaders from more than 70 countries will meet in Paris to basically declare that Jerusalem’s old city doesn’t belong to Israel.
Then on Tuesday that declaration will be pushed as a resolution at the UN Security Council and the way the American ambassador to the UN will vote is still unclear. All of that before the Friday inauguration of a new president in America who publicly opposed all these actions but can’t do a thing to stop them.
Zechariah 12 and Psalm 2 are coming to my mind. And of course all is much clearer in light of Joel 3.
Please pray! Please Share!
“Therefore thus says YHVH God, ‘Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom, who appropriated My land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and with scorn of soul’” (Ezekiel 36:5)
Get ready bride!
I’m reading John 10:27 https://ref.ly/Jn10.27 via @Logos
TRUTH. ..Do you have eyes to see and ears to hear?
I will simply say that I have been given even more hope! Why? How come?
If we are only looking to Trump then yes, we are clearly defeated! This morning I myself went on a rant about this. I was so upset. I told my husband that if he loses because of this then there will be an uprising for sure! I even said ‘I will even go to the streets! ‘ LOL I know I wouldn’t but I would simply throw a hissy fit inside the house.
What changed my mind? So easy to see. Lets face it, none of us have ever thought Trump to be a saint. But he has to be my choice over a woman who is for abortion and who has put our national security at risk. A woman who says she didn’t know what the C meant on the email. A woman who lies so much it is hard for us to keep them straight. She is so corrupt. Her foundation is full of corruption. We know what kind of people she will put on the Supreme Court. Our nation will be destroyed, as if we thought it couldn’t get any worse after the current administration.
Back to my point. God humbles them who need humbled. This must be embarrassing for Trump and his family. Remember he said this mouthy stuff as many men AND WOMEN do, behind closed doors. Many years ago and certainly wasn’t representing our nation in any way. He was simply a man, a rich man, but not a government official.
Now that Trump is being humbled and Clinton will only get more smug, maybe we gave a chance. Take note of all the Senate and those in Congress who want him to step down. Time to vote for them you best remember and put them OUT.
Now, it is our turn. We need to all repent, ask God to search our hearts and clean them up.
And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
We need to repent ourselves and seek forgiveness from the Lord. Then, after we are purified we need to humble ourselves and pray for Trump. Lift Trump up to the Lord. We need to look to God for the victory and not to any man.
Think about it for a minute. We seemed like everyone was against Trump in the beginning because he was not a part of the Washington click but now it is clear he is almost alone at every ticking minute. He has another debate tonight. How much easier would it be to turn and say ok, I quit? It will take strength to go through this. Face it, it will take a strong man to attempt to get this country back on track. Maybe this is a trial, a test so to speak.
King David was no man without sin. God used him in spite of it. He would repent and get back on track just as we must do.
So, think about it. Appearances say we have no chance. Roll over because Hillary has this. NOT A CHANCE! Guys, we all must humble ourselves and pray like never before. Think about it. If Trump comes through this at this stage of the game and not because of Trump the man but because of the Lord God Almighty!
Why would God do this? Help this man? SO THAT…’Then my people will know that I am the Lord thy God!’
It is so amazing. Trump is laid out naked before the world. Now if we humble ourselves and pray, just maybe God will let us have longer to make a difference. Not for us, but that God would do this so that He might once again be glorified for all the world to see.
If Trump gets through this we can know it is because God Almighty wants him there.
May we all pray today and also ask for God’s will to be done.